Vcom3D's SigningAvatars and SignWriting?

Sun Jun 22 18:16:29 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 22, 2003

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 03:46 AM, Daniel Noelpp wrote:
> About signing avatars -- I had some contact with Mr. Schulmeister
> from Hamburg. They are doing some research with avatars. They
> are planning to do automatic translation from spoken and written
> language and they have told me that they were alredy very
> successful for limited domains.

Thanks, Daniel, for informing us. I visited their web page:

German Signing Avatar...
http://fiff.informatik.uni-bremen.de/itb/fk13.html

and found some interesting photos....essentially the technology would
replace interpreters on television?