SW and Unicode

Sun Jun 22 19:50:44 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 22, 2003

Dear SW List and Antonio Carlos...
Thanks for this input...Yes...I agree that the numbering system we are
using right now seems to be working and frankly, re-vamping all of
those number codes to fit with the UNICODE standard is very expensive
and time-consuming. Maybe later, if Stuart Thiessen and his
organization can raise the funds ...but it is not mandatory right now...

BUT...that is because of your SWML, Antonio Carlos. Without SWML, we
would have nothing else to turn to, to bridge into the bigger world of
programming...so thanks to you, we can move forward...

Can we focus work on either an SWML conversion program, or a direct
conversion from SignWriter Java, sometime in the next year? That will
help us make the bridge to SignBank. Once I know how that will work,
then we can make the necessary changes to SignBank, to make this all
work in the background...I am hoping to include all SignWriting
software together on one CD in time...so we need to create bridges
between the programs...

I look forward to seeing you in a week!

Val ;-)