SignWriting Report March 11, 2003

Szwalkiewicz, Dan dszwalk at PARTS-UNLTD.COM
Wed Mar 12 16:17:03 UTC 2003

I will do my best!  I'll try to do some research and find out where they
are.

Unfortunately all my deaf friends are transplants to wisconsin and come from
florida and iowa and other states (which always was fun when I was learning
sign...they all sign different!).  So off the top of my head I don't know
any schools, but i'll see whant i can find out.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie Sutton [mailto:sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 9:12 AM
To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Subject: Re: SignWriting Report March 11, 2003

SignWriting List

March 12, 2003

On March 11, 2003, Dan Szwalkiewicz wrote:

Valerie (& list): Are you aware of any signwriting classes or schools using
signwriting in wisconsin??  I would love to go see one presented or in
session. Thanks!

Dear List Members, and Dan!

Funny you should ask about Wisconsin...The teachers and I were talking about
residential schools for the Deaf, and one of the teachers mentioned the deaf
school in Wisconsin...but we are not there yet...it would be a good school
to approach, however... If we can find one teacher in a school in Wisconsin,
who teaches deaf children, and who is interested in trying SignWriting, we
can work out a one-time donation of SignWriting materials for their
students...they can experiment, and then watch it spread....;-)

So contact schools in Wisconsin, Dan, and suggest that teachers contact
me...Get the word out - Most teachers have no idea SignWriting exists, nor
do they understand that it can possibly lead to improved reading skills and
better self-esteem...

Val ;-)