SignWriting in ASCII format?

Mon Mar 17 19:12:28 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
March 17, 2003

Dear SignWriting List Members, and Gillian:
Thank you for writing, Gillian. Your message is pasted below. I am
posting your message to the SignWriting List, since there are
programmers on the List who might be able to answer your questions. If
you would like to join the SignWriting List, you are most welcome.
Instructions on how to join are at the bottom of this message. I hope
you will get a good response from programmers... Val ;-)

--------------------------------------

From: Gillian Sherry <gilliansherry at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14, 2003  3:05:55 PM US/Pacific
To: DAC at SignWriting.org
Subject: NJIT research

Ms. Sutton:
I am a graduate student in Biomedical Engineering at
the New Jersey Institute of Technology. For my
master's thesis I am investigating the issue of
segmentation of a continuous sign stream with the
intention of designing a pattern recognition system
capable of recognizing individual signs that have been
performed dynamically. I am working with data that is
acquired using Immersion's CyberGloves and Flock of
Birds motion trackers by Ascension Technologies.

I am wondering if you know of any work that has been
done on representing SSW in ASCII format for research
purposes. At the moment my research indicates that SN
does have an ASCII representation but I would prefer
to use SSW. Any suggestions that you may have would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Gillian Sherry
gilliansherry at yahoo.com

SIGNWRITING LIST

You are cordially invited to join The SignWriting List ;-)

To join, send this command:

SUB SW-L (then your first name & last name)

To this address:

LISTSERV at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA

Or...write to me and I will be glad to do it for you.

We all look forward to hearing from you!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages