AW: Sign or Symbol - Stained Glass Window

Tini Pel tinipel at ONLINK.NET
Sat Mar 22 18:50:24 UTC 2003

Would it be Window-with- colour- glass- Charles?, so that they know we are talking about a window?.
Just a thought,
Tini.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Butler
  To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 9:10 AM
  Subject: Re: AW: Sign or Symbol - Stained Glass Window

  I think the question here is, "I don't know the sign for "glass" as in Stained Glass Window".  If one doesn't know the sign, one can't describe it.  I think she's asking for help from native ASL users who do know the sign and could post it.  The only one I know is "mirror" which holds the palm to the face and turns it as if catching the light once.  My SW is down or I'd post it.

  I went to one browser and this is the best description.  It's the one I have seen used.

  GLASS

  The bent index finger taps the upper front teeth as if to show that something is hard.

  so COLOR-GLASS-WINDOW would be the best, I would think.

   Stefan Woehrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE> wrote:

    Hi Jeni,

    what is needed is a description of your handshape and kind of movement in words as accurately as possible (with words) Once I get an idea about what you are doing while you are performing the sign I volunteer to assist you in writing this "action" in SW

    All the best

    Stefan ;-))