New version: SignBank 2002 v2.1

Tue May 20 22:59:13 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
May 20, 2003

Dear SW List members!
I am happy to tell you that our programmer fixed the bug in
SignBank...it was related to using FileMaker 5.0 on Mac OS X...for
those using Mac OS X, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to
FileMaker 6.0 if you can - the bugs go away and we are lucky that
FileMaker keeps updating their software!

Although they are already planning a FileMaker 7.0, there is no
scheduled release, so right now FileMaker 6.0 is the most up-to-date
version...Fortunately, the Runtime doesn't have any of these
problems...The Runtime is amazing - it doesn't require FileMaker at all!

So I will add about 100 signs more and then post this new version,
SignBank 2002 v2.1, which also gives us a new feature...I will tell you
more about that when I post it.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!  Val ;-)