New version: SignBank 2002 v2.1

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 20 23:32:10 UTC 2003

Hi Valerie,

Just to clarify, is your new RunTime Version compatible to PC as is, without FileMaker loaded?  Is it currently downloadable from your Web site, or would it be better to get a CD.

Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
May 20, 2003

Dear SW List members!
I am happy to tell you that our programmer fixed the bug in
SignBank...it was related to using FileMaker 5.0 on Mac OS X...for
those using Mac OS X, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to
FileMaker 6.0 if you can - the bugs go away and we are lucky that
FileMaker keeps updating their software!

Although they are already planning a FileMaker 7.0, there is no
scheduled release, so right now FileMaker 6.0 is the most up-to-date
version...Fortunately, the Runtime doesn't have any of these
problems...The Runtime is amazing - it doesn't require FileMaker at all!

So I will add about 100 signs more and then post this new version,
SignBank 2002 v2.1, which also gives us a new feature...I will tell you
more about that when I post it.

Thanks for your patience, everyone! Val ;-)