AW: mistake

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sat May 24 19:42:30 UTC 2003

Dear Tini, and listers ..

sorry for the delay - but discussing your early - spelling opens a can of
worms and I spend some time to make several teaching materials to illustrate
my idea -

- hi Valerie , Charles, Steven -- who else - do you remember our discussion
about the order how to arrange the angle - hands - if the thumb is
"mentioned" as well ?

OK

>>From my point of view this is a very interesting aspect to discuss
exceptions in spelling - in order to follow a reader - friendly impression -
or in order to get a "Gute Gestalt" as I call it.
The last comment of Roald  is connected with this problem. ;-)   and I agree
with Roald`s point of view that is not simply solved just by adding an arm
line to a left hand -- ha !

Following the order of the Parkhursts writing left or right angle - hands
you can identify the hand as a left or right hand.

Now in this case the left hand - fingers spread palm down  is definitely a
left hand  ;-))

The other hand is not as clear because of the direction where the thumb
sticks out -- following the rules it should be read as a left hand - but in
order to read this sign with ease I would accept this spelling as a typical
exception !!

One possibilty to avoid this problem is to change the point of view - the
front view perspective is shown in my attached gif

The left hand in my example is a flat hand - but that should not be the
problem.

I am positiv that we will keep on discussing the spelling of angel-hands -

Stefan ;-))

  -----Urspr ^?^? gliche Nachricht-----