Research Project

Adam Frost seniorafrost at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 1 21:22:39 UTC 2003

I am doing a research project in my class about sign writing -- more
specifically on why it doesn't seem to be strong in the Deaf Community.
Because when I talk with my friends, of whom are Deaf, they have no clue
what it is and/or don't think it is a good thing. I don't understand that.
I guess I should give a background on myself. I was born Deaf. I have a hard
time expressing myself in english. I know it doesn't look that way, but it
takes me a long time to put everything in order the way I want to say it. My
search for a way to write sign started when I came across "The Green Book."
I didn't like how it used english words to write what sign. Because of the
great determination that I had, I started making a method of my own. This
was for about 3 years. I ran into a few problems. I was stuck. Then I
mistakenly came across your webpage. My method was almost exactly the same,
except yours was more developed. Plus yours had a computer program with it.
:) So as you can see, I am very excited about this. However, I have been
finding out that many don't share that same excitement. That is why I am
doing this research: to find out why. If you can help me with this, I would
appreciate it.