Facial mimics

Mon Nov 17 16:44:58 UTC 2003

> My name is Muriel RĂ©gent and I'm working about the different
> transcription
> systems of facial mimics. Could you please send me your transcription
> system
> and the link(s) in your site that could help me in my work.
> Thanks a lot.

---------------------

Hello Muriel -

There are three areas for facial expressions:

1. Facial Expressions Web Pages
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/faces/faces.html

2. SymbolBank Database Online
http://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank

Search the database for Facial Expressions, which are Category 3 in the
database...so search for Category 3.

3. MundbildSchrift
http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de

There has been a lot of work on facial expressions in Germany, by
Stefan Woehrmann...He has used our symbols to develop a method for
writing facial expressions for Deaf children, which he calls
"MundbildSchrift" or "Mouth Pictures"...and it helps Deaf kids learn to
form the words on their lips...

Good luck with your work!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting Site