SignWriting Services

Fri Nov 28 21:10:13 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
November 28, 2003

Dear SW List Members:
I hope that the US residents on the SignWriting List are enjoying their
Thanksgiving Holiday week. I know there are many holidays around the
world...I am sorry I do not know all the holidays in other countries,
but I hope other List members will feel free to write to this List to
tell us about your holidays at this time of year...That would be very
interesting. Shall we try to write about holidays, in SignWriting, in
our country's Sign Languages? That would be good practice....;-)

Meanwhile, I would like to announce that I have re-posted information
about "SignWriting Services" on our web site. You can read about this
service on the web:

SignWriting Services
http://www.SignBank.org/swservices

What is it? Sometimes groups need help with creating SignWriting
publications, and although you can definitely do it all yourself, if
you want to hire our non-profit organization to do it for you, then I
will find a Deaf consultant to do the job for you, and that will give
people work. Or I can do the job for you, and in that case, the funds
will support donations of SignWriting materials to Deaf
schools...through the SignWriting Literacy Project.

Anny in Switzerland asked me once, a long time ago, how much I would
charge to do a book layout for her, and I never answered her....but now
I feel ready to do that...I think it is much better if you do it
yourself, Anny, but if you still need help, then contact me privately
and I can give you an estimate...

No matter how it is accomplished, I think it is wonderful that you are
translating the Lessons in SignWriting textbook, Anny, into French and
Swiss-French Sign Language!