Daniel, Stefan: Does drag and drop work?

Wed Oct 1 19:56:03 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 1, 2003

Dear SW list members, and Daniel, Stefan, and everyone -
I am going to ask a specific favor, Daniel and/or Stefan...

I need to know if my drag and drop technique is working on your
European keyboards that have this problem with the backslash?...Because
Ingvild Roald was here with her own Norwegian laptop, and the drag and
drop method did work for her... Of course, every computer is different,
so here is what I need to know, so that I don't recommend something
incorrectly...

Please try this and tell me if you are able to start SignWriter without
the backslash?:

1. Be sure SignWriter DOS is inside a folder named sw.....
2. Place both the icon for the DOSbox program (or a shortcut icon) and
the sw folder on your desktop.
3. Do not open the DosBox program. Keep it closed.
4. Drag the sw folder on top of the DosBox icon.
5. The DosBox program will open immediately with a C drive.
6. At the C drive, type sw and then press Enter.
7. SignWriter DOS will open and can be used (without using the
backslash)

Is this true for you, Daniel or Stefan?

Val ;-)