Another question:)

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 2 10:02:20 UTC 2003

Nana,

Incidentally, you mention making a .jpg file.

The Export command saves these as bitmap files (.bmp), which can be very
large files. You'll need to convert to .gif or .jpg in your graphics program
(Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop or whatever).

For SWDOS files it's better to convert to .gif, since .jpg files are really
intended for storing photographic images, and .gif files are better for
storing images with large flat areas such as cartoons - or SignWriting!

If you do use .jpg, you'll find that smudging creeps into the image if you
edit it, because the .jpg format works by ignoring some of the information
in the image - it loses a little information every time you change it. The
..gif format keeps all information, so your SignWriting will remain crystal
clear no matter how many times you edit the image!

Sandy

-----Original Message-----
From: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]On Behalf Of Nana
Dumitra
Sent: 02 October 2003 11:14
To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Subject: Another question:)

Dear SW List,

Thanks for all the great suggestions and ideas about the dictionary set up
and for the help with the membership. As far as I can see it my computer
skills (or better lack thereof J) might be a greater challenge to me than
SW.

My question for today probably sounds very ignorant, sorry: if I have a file
in SW DOS, how do I make it an jpg file that I can send it e.g. to this
list?

Thank you,
Nana