Vector Graphics

Steven Aerts steven.aerts at UA.AC.BE
Tue Oct 7 09:57:39 UTC 2003

Dear List,

A little introduction, we are two Belgian Computer Science students
of the university of Antwerp that are going to work on a project to help
construct the dutch signwriting dictionary in cooperation with the
universities of Ghent and Brussels.  This dictionary will contain
signwritingsymbols and must allow advanced searches.
Currently we are investigating all possibilities.

One of the things we would like to have is an output to the svg format.  Svg
is an XML vector graphic format, which allows the images to be scaled to any
size without the staircase effect as in png, jpeg or gif. (more info:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/)

Does anyone have access to the original symbol set or has a .svg, .wmf or .eps
version of the set?  Those can probably be converted to the .svg format.

Thanks in advance

        Bart & Steven