Analyzing SignWriting text structure

Thu Oct 9 15:15:10 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 9, 2003

Daniel Noelpp wrote:
> By the way, why do we have "variations"?

Hello Everyone, and Daniel...

The FILL Key (see in attached diagram...is the color red in
SymbolBank)...is used for dark and light changes in symbols, such as
Palm Facing and Arrowheads left, right, neutral...

The ROTATE Key (color is Green in SymbolBank)...is used to rotate
symbols.

The VARIATIONS Key (color is Gold in SymbolBank)...is used for
different sizes of movement symbols, minute angle-differences in
handshapes, and other unique variations that have no other place to
go...so I guess you could say it is our "Miscellaneous" key...for
unusual variations of symbols...It is what makes SignWriting flexible,
so we can grow without upsetting all the other symbols...

Please see attached diagram...