SSS-2004 Database on the web...

Sat Oct 11 12:55:22 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 11, 2003

Dear SW List, and Daniel:
Yes...You are right that a temporary change in numbers was necessary
for me to test something in SignBank For Everyday Use. So those
temporary changes, which you noticed, Daniel, will be rectified and
solved in the next month or so...They exist in the current SignBank for
Everyday Use only temporarily, until I can gather the money to pay our
programmer, Todd, to revamp a few symbol mapping changes inside
SignBank...this actually has nothing to do with SymbolBank...it has to
do with SignBank's design for "Symbols At A Glance"...we need to have,
in SignBank, a "Groups-at-a-Glance" and a "Categories-at-a-Glance" so
that users can see the groups and categories quickly. I had to test
this first, to see if it worked for people, and when my guest from
Norway, Ingvild Roald, was here, Ingvild told me she liked the fact
that the contact symbols were located on one "grid" for her to choose
from, when creating spellings etc...so that confirmed for me that this
would simplify the way people use SignBank...So the temporary number
changes gives us a temporary Groups-At-A-Glance for users...As soon as
we re-program SignBank, I can change the numbers in SymbolBank back to
were they should be...

So please base all your programming on the SSS-2004 ....

SSS-2004 on the web
http://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank

or wait until Spring, 2004, when I release the entire symbol set...

Thanks for your patience, Daniel!

Val ;-)