Mess-up of the Contact Symbols in SignBank?

Sat Oct 11 12:38:16 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 11, 2003

Dear SW List, and Daniel:
Thanks for your message, Daniel, and I think it is great that you are
incorporating SymbolBank into SignWriter Java...In the long run, that
will be a wonderful coordination of our different computer programs. I
am glad that I sent you our recent SignBank CD, because I can see that
it has stimulated you to coordinate our programs, and that is an
excellent plan in the long run...

There is one important fact you need to know...I am still working on
SignBank and SymbolBank, and I am not finished. It is still "under
construction"...In Spring, 2004, I hope to present the finished
package...That is explained in brochure Number 4 inside the SignBank
package I sent you...

The SSS-1999, in the current version of SignWriter Java, will never
change....If in SignWriter Java, Daniel, you simply leave a place where
SignWriter Java can later access other complete symbol sets, then the
fact that I am not finished with SSS-2004, it is not a problem and
should not hold you back. But if you have to work with SymbolBank right
now, then the SymbolBank to refer to is NOT the CD I sent you,
unfortunately. You should base everything on the SSS-2004. That CD is
scheduled for March, 2004, when I hope to release the complete
SSS-2004...

There is a solution right now, however, so your work can continue
without a pause...Instead of referring to the CD I sent you, please
access the SSS-2004 database on the web. Go to:

SymbolBank on the Web
http://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank

And follow the links (see attached GIF) to the SSS-2004 database on the
web...

Although the SSS-2004 on the web is still under construction, at least
the symbol numbers should be as you expect them to be...Are they? I
will answer the rest of your message shortly...Val ;-)