A Poem

Denny Lancaster faeriekeeper at COMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 13 23:42:10 UTC 2003

I have thought about writing this poem for a long time,
but not until meeting a delightful lady from my home
state and signing coversations which followed did it
finally come together.  So I wanted to share it with
my SignWriting friends.

Silence
by Denny Lancaster
231013

Sounds go fading each progressing day
but now a new friend to help is found
and ease your need to face me and say,
for one day my dear, I'll hear no sound.

Fingers are formed, both oval and round,
while this new ASL alphabet is found
and soon we have mastered each sign
to find life is not perfect for God and I, fine.

Then we can share moments when you too
reduce your signing errors to just a few:
For ASL is just another language to speak
and soon we can be both silent and meek.

In my growing silent filled world, no sound
could ever fill thoughts in my heart now found,
for instead of engaging my mind, now my heart
takes the place of thoughts I now do start.

Silence grew and another friend we write,
deft fingers with SignWriting now light
on our keypad and email's we send,
for on any translation we can now depend.

But I was not content with friends, just two
and my Oralist training just grew and grew;
Now I can communicate with my three friends
for in my silent world on them I can depend.

--
Denny Lancaster
"May the force be with you, for the truth is out there!"
mailto:faeriekeeper at comcast.net

Isabella Rose - Touched by a Wee Angal Supporters Award
"Show someone you truly care and honor a child in Heaven."
http://www.thesitefights.com/cherubs2/Isabella/index.htm

Kindred Spirits-The Faerie Keepers Si'de
http://faeriekeeper.net/spirit.htm

Outgoing mail is checked with Norton
Anti Virus System Works 2003