introduction

Ronald Dettloff signpreach at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 15 16:17:15 UTC 2003

Hello,

  I hope I can be of help to your studies. I am a pastor of a Deaf Church
in Michigan. We use SignWriting in all of our lessons. I also tutor English
to Deaf people at the local college and I am employed as an interpreter.
  I have not found one Deaf person who could not understand and use
SignWriting when they honestly give it a try. It is very easy to understand
and a little more difficult to write. We teach SignWriting once a week with
a good response. I have met very few Deaf people with a native like
understanding English. SignWriting is God sent. However, the established
educational community is very against it in my area. This is not because
they have found a better system but because they do not understand
SignWriting.
  In my judgment the educational system for the Deaf in Michigan is a total
failure. Many Deaf people cannot read or write. They live on Social
Secuirity and low paying jobs. SignWriting is a good tool to help the Deaf
read and write and besides that it has a beauty in itself that English
writing cannot match.

God bless you,

Pastor Ron and Judy Dettloff
Home of the SignBible -   http://cyberjer.com/signbibl/index.htm