INFORMACION SOBRE PROCESADOR DE LENGUAJE DE SIGNOS SIGNWRITER 5.0 EN JAVA

Fri Oct 17 21:53:07 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 17, 2003

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Steve and Dianne Parkhurst
wrote:
> Hi, all! ¡Hola, Fernando!
> Thanks for the vote of confidence, Valerie, but we still haven't
> gotten the
> Java SignWriting to work. :-( We tried and gave up. We have several
> other
> projects going right now and I just got a Mac so I'm learning how to
> use....

Dear SW List, Fernando, and Steve and Dianne -

Here is information, in case you want to try again...

TO USE SIGNWRITER JAVA
1. On the PC, you need to download the newest version of Java...and
then install it. Once it is installed, then download our SignWriter
Java and it should work....The web link for downloading the new Java is
on our web site, but here it is again:

To  use SignWriter Java, you will need:
Java 2 SE, version 1.4.1, installed on your computer.

Download Java 2se v 1.4.1 on this web page:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/index.html

2. On the Mac, if you are using Mac OS X?....You can do a software
update to get the newest version of Java...I do not know anyone who
cannot use SignWriter Java on the Mac, but write again to tell me what
happens when you try to use it on the Mac...There is a Mac OS 9 and X
version of SignWriter Java...

As of today, I have just distributed 51 copies of SignBank for Everyday
Use to people who have paid membership, or to some teachers who promise
to give us feedback, and to some who are donating their time to help me
with something...I still owe around 5 members their copies, and Steve
and Dianne, you are one of those! I will be sending you SignBank in the
mail soon, so I will be happy to include SignWriter Java if you wish on
a CD for you, since you have paid for several years membership in
advance - you certainly deserve that... Thanks so much for your support
all these years - and best of luck with your many projects in Madrid
and Barcelona!

Val ;-)