Hands That Project Forward

Sat Oct 18 16:51:14 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 18, 2003

HANDS THAT PROJECT FORWARD, Part 5
When the hands project forward, it is easily seen from the TOP VIEW.

Back in the 1980's, SignWriting did not have a TOP VIEW. We only had
the FRONT VIEW. So how did we write hands projecting forward, from the
FRONT VIEW? We did...and a whole generation of Danish children in the
1980's were raised on the FRONT VIEW Projection Forward symbol, and it
worked...I want to bring that symbol back to SignWriting now, for signs
such as "Norwegian roof" or "boat"... It was taken away before, when
the TOP VIEW was working so well, but now I realize, it is still
needed...continued next message...I have to develop the diagrams!  Val
;-)