AW: joe's back

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Mon Sep 1 16:51:45 UTC 2003

Dear Joe, an everybody on the list

You are back --- that is wonderful !

I am looking forward to another series of spelling-discussions and enriching
contributions ....

You know that my class is very, very engaged in using GebaerdenSchrift as a
valuable tool in improving their level of literacy. Since there are soooo
many different subjects at school every day we do not concentrate on
collecting "hard data" ... but my experience and our every day lessons proof
it to be a most welcome tool in teaching deaf children.

Today we read German texts but whenever they got in trouble with the meaning
of a word they were able to go to the computer and to open the dictionary in
the SW 4.4  program which offers the possibilities to learn on your own.
This is not as beautiful as in SignBank but for the moment it is a practical
solution.

Love to find more messages from you

Stefan