Bible translations: A question for Stuart and Jerry....

Wed Sep 3 15:48:29 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 3, 2003

Dear SW List, Ron and Jerry and Stuart...
I do have Ron's zip disk, if you need it...Or perhaps Ron can send you
another copy to your street addresses?...I am wondering, Stuart, if
your new non-profit organization for the Deaf in Iowa, would be
interested in reading and using the Michigan Deaf Church's Bible
passages?

I feel that Ron Dettloff and his Deaf church members deserve bigger
publicity than the Detroit News gave them...Of course that was a
beginning, but it is a remarkable story, because it does prove that
written signs have value...there are some Deaf members of Ron's
congregation that actually take Bible study, because they have written
Bible passages in SignWriting...isn't that true, Ron? if so, then that
is historic, since it shows that for some Deaf people, they really do
benefit from reading written signs...and they are applying it to their
daily lives...

Val ;-)