virtual pc

Deaf Action Committee dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sat Sep 6 00:28:04 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 5. 2003

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 03:28 PM, Jerry Spillman wrote:
> Having run XP for a year or more, I have tried all the suggestions for
> running SW.  Virtual PC won't even load correctly in XP, at least not
> in the Home Edition....

Hi Jerry and Everyone on the SW List...

Thanks for this message. I am so glad you told me, Jerry....

I use VirtualPC daily on my Mac, and I guess because I have such a good
experience with Virtual PC on my Mac, I assumed that the Virtual PC
people were telling the truth when they said you could run it on
Windows XP...but if not, I am very sorry to have mislead people...let
me go look at their web site again to see what they say about this
issue...

I had heard from a PC programmer that VirtualPC was a dream come true
for them, because they could test their software development on many
platforms...but that person was a programmer, and he may not have been
running the XP home version...

Plus Virtual PC has improved greatly recently, so there is a small
chance that what didn't work before, might work now...so let me
investigate this and get back to you -