Typing in SignWriting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 1 16:20:37 UTC 2004

Well, Valerie,

As I have only my back up file of SW DOS, no SW Java, and not enough memory to create 750 gif files from screen captures, I am not in a position to do much of anything other than talk about it.  It will have to wait until I have the software and hardware to do it.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
April 1, 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> What I have of Libras is about 350 signs in the big panels I sent
> you.  It will take time slowly loading them to the PUDL dictionary,
> which I thought that I would have time to do, but don't have the
> computer space to separate them into smaller jpgs (they lose integrity
> by another generation every time I do).  I will see what I can do,
> it's just a different process than I expected.

All your signs need to be re-typed in SignWriter DOS. Once you have the
...SGN file from SignWriter DOS, move it into your SignWriter Java folder
and rename it to lower case letters. Then open the file in SignWriter
Java, and it will automatically convert the signs to better looking
graphics. Then create screen captures and then GIFs...once you have the
GIFs of all the signs, they can go into all these web dictionaries and
into SignBank with ease...This is the process everyone does right now,
to get the better looking graphics....Val ;-)