Brazilian Sign Language (Lingua de Sinnais do Brasil) (LIBRAS)

Thu Apr 1 18:28:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
April 1st, 2004

Dear SW List and Charles!
This is wonderful. I am glad you are using the PUDL web site.

To have all the symbols you need to type LIBRAS, you will need the
SSS-2004, the International Movement Writing Alphabet (the IMWA). I am
not done with that yet. I hope to have it ready for Stephen and others
to download, by the May 30th software conference in Lisbon. I will
place the GIFs, PNGs, and a complete searchable web-database, called
SymbolBank 2004, by that date, on the web, if I am lucky. This means
that I will have to stop writing sooo many emails, which may be a
relief to all of you anyway - ha!

I have an enormous amount of work to complete SymbolBank 2004. Right
now, PUDL is using the SSS-US...which is a limited set for ASL...which
may or may not be enough symbols even for ASL...so it is our first
experiment in limiting a symbolset to one specific country...You can
download the BaseSymbols for the SSS-US on the web:
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0120-SSS-US.pdf

Val ;-)