PUDL Dictionary has 4 signed languages...

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 2 14:31:50 UTC 2004

One advantage of constructing signs at PUDL is that you are ordering them how you wished them to be indexed.  My particular indexing is the following:

1) Primary hand
2) Secondary hand
3) Primary hand movement
4) Secondary hand movement
5) Touching
6) Speed
7) Manner
8) Facial Expression

However, since all of these parameters are independent, one could search by any of them, depending on how the database is set up.  It would be like searching for all words in an English dictionary containing the letter "a" but for sign research it might be quite useful, for example to see "is secondary hand a flat hand" which would show all signs that use the flat hand as a platform like "holy", "clean", "Lutheran", "dance", "read", etc.

Real possibilities here.

Got to run.

Charles Butler

Bart Braem <bart.braem at UA.AC.BE> wrote:
Op donderdag 1 april 2004 18:47, schreef Bill Reese:
> Good idea!  I've used that program before - I just didn't find any of
> those more familiar programs in my search on C/NET.  Do you have a link?

You can start at the program's homepage and then choose a mirror near you:
http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Bart
--
dwars, studentenblad van de UA