ASL K and P Handhshapes

Tue Apr 20 21:10:49 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
April 20, 2004

Dear SW List!
Our List has been silent lately...I guess we all have Spring Fever...It
is very beautiful weather where I live...and I hope you all have the
same!

I was blessed with a one-hour visit from one of our List
Members...Guylhem Aznar from France stopped by while visiting in San
Diego last week. It was great to meet you, Guylhem...and your
presentation at the Lisbon software conference sounds most interesting
and I look forward to hearing more about it later...

I have been working on the SSS-2004, and I find it hard to balance
communication plus finishing the job. I am making the date of the
software conference, May 30th, as my deadline date to at least get the
first working version of SSS-2004 up and running...both on the web in a
database, and also in SignBank For Research Use. Although there are a
lot of little symbols, the truth is, it is nice to have all of them in
one database...so I am becoming quite enthusiastic about the SSS-2004.
I will keep you posted as to how it is going from time to time...If I
am not as active on the List, I hope you will understand and be
patient...May 30th is almost here!! ;-)

Meanwhile, I just got a question from someone about the American
handshapes for P and K...they are weird looking....so I created this
little poster to help - I hope it does!  Val ;-)