[sw-l] Email hidden gem

Wed Aug 4 13:14:41 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 4, 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, Lea M Hatch wrote:
> I had not thought to hold my cursor over the signs ... I use AOL 8.0
> -- and just tried it out,  VOILA!  What a great help when I'm "stuck"
> on a sign.  Lea M Hatch Northfield Vermont

Isn't that great?! Stephen designed it that way...It is an excellent
feature. It is a way to learn to read, without being spoiled by seeing
the real English gloss...If the English words were sitting openly in
the email message, people would probably read that first, and then look
at the SignWriting as an afterthought...

The only issue is that not all email software is the same...so I will
need to learn the differences! I plan to test it in several different
email software programs...

Thanks, Stephen, for this feature!  Val ;-)