[sw-l] FOR TINI...

Fri Aug 6 19:01:46 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 6, 2004

Tini Pel wrote:
> Thank you Stefan !!!! I got it by keeping connected, as Valerie
> suggested.
> Have a wonderful evening, L.I.F.E. Tini.

Hello Tini, Stefan, and Everyone!
Many thanks for trying this, Tini, and to Stefan, too, for helping
Tini. We are all working together!

Since I spoke with Stefan recently on the telephone, I realized how
different everyone's experiences are. For me, and for many computer
users in the United States, staying online is automatic. For example,
in my case, I have a broadband connection through a cable modem, called
RoadRunner. It is connected to the internet 24 hours a day, seven days
a week. And it never turns off. It costs the same, whether I am
connected or not, so I stay connected at all times. I never go offline
to read an email message. DSL and other services are similar. And more
and more people here are doing this, for their home computer as well as
their office computer.

But I know and understand using a dialup account and going offline as
fast as possible. I used to do that too, before I got broadband, so I
understand and I know that it costs you money by the minute...so that
is a different experience and the SignWriting email that is dependent
on an internet connection will of course not work for you, unless you
are connected...

That is why Stephen offered the option for people to download
SignPuddle and place it directly on your own harddrive...but then there
are other issues, like learning Apache and how that works...Although I
run an Apache server here, I never set it up myself. Our FileMaker
programmer did that for me and I do not have the skill to give anyone
tech support on the process of setting that up on your computer...but I
bet other people on this List can help you, so ask questions to the
List, if you want to do that download and setup SignPuddle on your own
hard drive...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

2. SignBankSite
http://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

3. DanceWritingSite
http://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

4. MovementWritingSite
http://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

5. SymbolBank On The Web
www.MovementWriting.org/symbolbank
Archive For All Symbols

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

SIGNWRITING LIST

1. POST MESSAGES TO SIGNWRITING LIST
SW-L at MAJORDOMO.VALENCIACC.EDU

2. READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/sw-l.html
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

3. CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST EMAIL SETTINGS
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

Type in your email address..
Click on ALL.
Click on GO.
Pick the ones you want

If you pick "sw-l-nomail", you can send but you won't recieve...
If you pick "sw-l-digest", you will get all daily emails in 1 email...
If you pick "sw-l", you will get the messages one at time...