[sw-l] SignWriter DOS Tech Support

Wed Dec 1 16:22:23 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 1, 2004

Brenda White wrote:
> I have tried a number of times... and I am unable to download your
> program.
> The MS-DOS freezes up my computer. I have asked some of my friends who
> are more expert than I ... and they say that WINDOWS 98 is too old.

Hello Brenda and Everyone!
I am here to help you. So do not worry. We will find a way to make
SignWriting work on your computer!!

1. Why did you choose SignWriter DOS? It is a good program, but there
are other programs too...and those other programs do not require MS
DOS...

2. Have you tried to download SignWriter Java? That does not require
MS-DOS. Go to:

SignWriting Downloads
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads

3. Have you visited SignPuddle? Did you know there is a way to create
signs on your web browser, called SignMaker? That does not require
MS-DOS.

4. Having said that, I believe we can get SignWriter DOS to work on
your computer, if you are running Windows 98. Windows 98 is perfect for
SignWriter DOS. It was designed for that operating system!

Continued next message...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org