[sw-l] left-handed or right-handed?

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 6 17:37:06 UTC 2004

VAL WROTE:

I actually had one Deaf staff member in tears once, over this issue,
because the person was a left handed signer and didn't want to write
right-handed...so you can see I am sensitive because of that
experience...

Val ;-)

CHARLES responds:

In Brazil, one of our chief researchers is left handed, so I, in compiling the dictionary, had to think about his signing anything I would write.  I'm still not completely satisfied that we made the right decision for dominant hand, but trying to get a printable dictionary, like your program, that is self-compiling and would show both handednesses would certainly be an achievement as a dictionary, not as a cut and paste email server, but as a look-up mechanism.

Charles