[sw-l] Downloading the IMWA and SSS-1999

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Dec 8 15:35:47 UTC 2004

Val wrote:

> I just downloaded the file and had no trouble unzipping it and opening
> it...So I don't think there is anything wrong with Stephen's file. The
> problem probably is that the IMWA has a lot of symbols, and maybe
> Windows 98 cannot handle 25,000 little files being unzipped all at
> once...

You might be right, Val - you should be a programmer! I'll try copying the
file over to my laptop, which has XP, and unzipping it there.

> And just because I suggested that you do your own computer program,
> Sandy, doesn't mean you should- smile...We just don't have time to
> implement your idea of variants right now, thats all...

Well, in fact I'm writing an editor for working with dialects of oral
languages at the moment, and have been for some time now, so once that
starts to wind down, the experience gained will help with this.

> Anyway, if you want to download the SSS-1995 or the SSS-1999, go to:
>
> http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/symbolbank.html#SSS952002

To tell the truth I'm seriously thinking of discarding the IMWA and getting
the program to draw symbols for itself. I'll experiment with that and see
how well it works out.

Sandy