[sw-l] An IMWA Keyboard

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Dec 15 03:15:24 UTC 2004

Hi Adam,

A few thoughts... The 5 finger hand group (Group 01-05)  contains 50
symbols.  Instead of combining this group with another, it should probably
be split.  This is what Val has done when she designed a keyboard layout for
the IMWA (sss-2004).  She divided this group into 3.  She also uses the top
row number keys for additional space.

If you have not already, you may want to compare and contrast with her
design.

View the document online:
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0123-SSS-2004-Keyboard.pdf

I see that you have "Lanes" on the keyboard.  How would you have that work?

What about the special SignWriter commands: mirror, variation, fill, and
rotate?

-Stephen

PS - On your page, I see that you are using the image.php script to create
SignWriting.  Looks good.