[sw-l] possibility to export from SignPuddle to FileMaker ?

Mon Dec 20 22:18:43 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 20, 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 2:01 PM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I 'd like to know if there's a way  to export signs written in
> SignWriting from SignPuddle into FileMaker ? If I click on the sign in
> the signpuddle dictionnary and drag and drop into a word document...
> it works (into Words)... I can paste my signs.... but it doesn't work
> in FileMaker....Any reason for that difference ? Any way to do that ?
> Thanks for letting me know! Anny

Hello Everyone, and Anny -
Thanks for this question. SignBank is a database built in FileMaker. So
when you say FileMaker, Anny, I am assuming that you mean SignBank? We
specially designed SignBank inside FileMaker.

At the moment, I am the one to help you with the SignBank database,
since I am the designer of the program...In 2005 I hope to work with
both Stephen and Todd Duell (SignBank programmer) to coordinate
SignBank and SignPuddle automatically...but...anything you can do with
Microsoft Word you can most likely do with SignBank...so let me teach
you how...

1. I don't think you mean Export. I think you are copying and pasting,
which is a different task...I will teach you how to copy and paste
right now...

2. Let us imagine you are in SignBank right now....Be sure to be in the
SignBank Editor program. That is the only one you can add to....

Are you in the SignBank Editor program? Once I get that answer from you
I will continue...