[sw-l] SignBank Article published on the web today!

Thu Dec 23 04:11:36 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 22, 2004

Jerry Spillman wrote:
> Dear Valerie and List,
> Congratulations on a great article!  I think we will see many more
> like this in the future, thanks to all of you fine developers working
> with Valerie.  I have difficulty staying up with the discussion, but
> am enjoying so much seeing these important languages coming into their
> reality after so many years!!
> Jerry.

Thank you, Jerry, for these kind words and you are right, that the
computer software developers are truly changing the history of written
signed languages!

Yesterday was quite a day for us! I would never have imagined that
there would be an article about our work on stock market web sites!!
But the same article was published on around 25 web sites yesterday,
because it was associated with Apple stock...It was "news from
Apple"...Here is a listing of some of the sites...these were 1-day
articles, so most of them are gone now, but still...it was an honor to
be on Reuters.com and Nasdaq.com!!

Here's some more coverage reports of the news release:

Site name: CBS MarketWatch (requires registration)
oper
ty=symb&value=&categories=&

Site name: DallasNews.com
www/st
ory/12-21-2004/0002672693&EDATE=TUE+Dec+21+2004,+09:01+AM

Site name: Finanz Nachrichten

Site name: Kron.com

Site name: National Hispanic Corporate Council

Site name: PR Newswire
12-21
-2004/0002672693&EDATE=

Site name: Ventura County Star - CA News

Site name: Yahoo!

Some sites display releases longer than others; links will expire as
sites
rotate their content.

For public company members,  follow the links below and enter your
ticker
symbol (as indicated) to view your PR Newswire news release on these
important sites:

Site Name: CNN Money 4,958,000 unique visitors per month (uvpm)
Enter symbol at top of page under "Get a Quote".

Site Name: Motley Fool/www.fool.com  2,237,00 uvpm (requires
registration)
Enter symbol next to "Quotes" at top of page.

Site Name: Quicken.com
Enter symbol under "Quotes & Research" at upper left.

Site Name: USAToday.com/Money 1,110,000 uvpm
Enter symbol in "Quick Quote" in the center well, midway down the page.

Site Name: Fidelity Investments 2,845,000 uvpm
Enter symbol in "Get Quote" then click on the "News" tab from the pop-up
window ("Detailed News" expands view).

Site Name: ETrade Financial  959,000 uvpm
Enter symbol in the "Quotes" section directly under the navigation tabs.

Site Name: Nasdaq.com  574,000 uvpm
Enter symbol next to "Company News".

Site Name: Reuters 2,231,00 uvpm
Enter symbol in "Quote" box.  When new page renders, click on "Press
Releases" from the menu on left.

Site Name: Bloomberg  635,000 uvpm
Enter ticker at top left.  When new page renders, next to "More on
(ticker)", select "News" from picklist.