Happy Birthday song

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sun Feb 8 09:13:54 UTC 2004

Hi Valerie, Tini, Jerry and friends ...

I would like to share the attached "Happy birthday song..."   document as a
basis for ASL  signing - and later on SW-spelling discussion-

My students love to celebrate their birthday at school and one part of it is
to perform the "Original Happy birthday song.. "

Well we are interested in your feedback -

I guess that true deaf song poem signing  ASL is different from this exact
signed English -

I am interested in both versions  (ASL ) and signed English that goes along
with the beat of the song ...

I looked for ASL signs and got the impression that there are many ways to
sign  "birthday"  - but also within this context?

How about the sign for "dear " in this song ?

I show three different variations of the same "happy birthday to you"

SW is a wonderful tool to discuss the differences ....

Stefan :-)