Spam: ASL signs for DRINK

Tini Pel tinipel at ONLINK.NET
Thu Feb 12 13:19:29 UTC 2004

You are right Bill, Doing something twice is a "noun" and doing something once is a "verb" . For example CHAIR is *~* and SIT is *
Tini.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Reese
  To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 6:17 PM
  Subject: Re: Spam: ASL signs for DRINK

  Val,

  I don't know why we are talking about drinks.  Maybe we need one!  A good stiff one.  :-)

  My first thought on this is that it would be nice to have (n) and (v) after those.  The (n) for "noun" after "drink" used as a noun (I think it's the second one) and (v) for "verb" for when it's used as the act of drinking - more specifically, "to drink".  If I recall my ASL classes, doing something twice could indicate the noun form of the sign.

  Bill

  Valerie Sutton wrote:

    Dear SW List members, and Jean!
    The ASL signs for DRINK (2 of them) are listed below....