Spam: ASL signs for DRINK

Thu Feb 12 15:16:39 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 12, 2004

Dear SW List, Adam. Bill and Tini -
Actually Adam is correct about nouns. They are not always double. I
just looked though a bunch of written ASL documents from video, and
many nouns are not double. But they are tense. ASL is a very compex
language, and since I do not know ASL, I cannot correct anyone myself,
when it comes to grammar. But I had heard from other hearing people
that nouns were always double, but then I went through the dictionary
we have, that is written by our Deaf staff back in the 1990's, and I
found plenty of nouns that are not double...so I am going to be listing
some nouns written in ASL now...this will be fun! - Val ;-)