Greek Fingerspelling Posted

Fri Feb 27 01:33:07 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 26, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> I am surprised that the Greek fingerpelling doesn't follow the
> standard Greek alphabet order, i.e., alpha, beta, gamma, delta,
> epsilon, phi, etc. ending with Omega.  Is this a new development?
> Charles Butler

Hello Everyone, and Charles ;-)
Ha! I have no idea what order these symbols go in...the listing order
was by English alphabetic order, because that was the way my computer
listed them automatically...so this is no statement whatsoever on
order...it is just the symbols I wanted to display to the world...I
will leave the order to those who know Greek!

The researchers sent me an individual SGN file for each individual
symbol, and they named the files alpha, beta, chi etc...and the Mac put
those in alphabetical order in English...

If someone wants me to change the order, just tell me what it is and I
will be happy to do it...