SignSpelling for the ASL sign for GRACE

Fri Feb 27 14:40:52 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 27, 2004

Thank you, Charles, for this comment...

Charles Butler wrote:
> I like number 3, Valerie, but you still haven't answered his original
> question.  Given his writing and/or yours, how would you order the
> sign in the dictionary, what symbol comes first in the "spelling" when
> one has multiple handshapes and multiple movements. Charles

Val answers:
I didn't realize that was Stuart's question...I thought he was asking
how to actually write the sign...So, Stuart, as soon as I know how you
are choosing to write the sign for GRACE, I will be happy to go over
how to enter the SignSpelling into SignBank.

Your SignSpelling description sounds good Charles:

1) Wedge hand facing forward.
2) In front of shoulder
3) Turning around (whether explicitly shown or not)
4) Moving across
5) Ending with final handshape and position.

That is the SignSpelling for some of the versions I wrote - ha! I will
be happy to go over the SignSpelling Guidelines, as soon as we know how
Stuart is writing it....So I wait for your reply, Stuart...What is your
final writing of GRACE?