Need Your Feedback...New SignSpelling Document Posted...

Mon Jan 19 02:40:35 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
January 18, 2004

Dear SW List Members:

I am happy to announce a new posting:

SignSpelling Guidelines 2004
http://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank

This is an improved version of an older document. I posted half of it a
few days ago, but now there are 20 pages in this new PDF document.
Thanks to Ingvild, and others on the SignWriting List, we had a long
discussion about SignSpellings in SignBank. I have taken Ingvild's
advice, and have simplified the spellings so that they always look-up
by handshape...So now I am asking for your feedback again...I hope at
least a few of you can download the document and read it and then
report to the List what you think...

Bill Reese's wonderful comment about pronunciation markers is still in
there - Thank you Bill!!

And I have for the first time, described the difference between a
SignSpelling (SS) and the Sign-Symbol-Sequence (SSS), which are two
different things...

So please download and get back to us - Many thanks for your
feedback... Val ;-)