Need Your Feedback...New SignSpelling Document Posted...

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Tue Jan 20 03:08:38 UTC 2004

Val,
The things you quote me on.... :-)

I like the comparisons with spoken language dictionaries.  On Page 4 you
talk about Sign-Syllables and also "clusters" of signs.  Are these
clusters the same as the syllables?  Also, in the description of the
Sign-Symbol-Sequence, you mention "visual unit."  Is this the complete
"sign", which, communicates a concept?  The second paragraph of
Sign-Symbol-Sequence  looked difficult to write.   Some of my confusion
with it seems to be from not understanding what a visual unit is.
Also, some spoken languages are written right to left or top to bottom
or bottom to top, yet that is with the complete "word" or "character" -
which I'm assuming to be the same as a "sign".  Within each word or
character, some spoken languages aren't written in a linear sequence.

Bill