[sw-l] Embedding signs from PUDL inside email messages...

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Mon Jul 12 23:48:33 UTC 2004

Hmm .... I have a good spam filter, but mine does not remove the images
for me.  It was my mail program that blocked remote links to images.  It
does not allow me to selectively apply it (i.e. allow SW List, but no
others), so I will just permit external images in general and see how
good my spam filter really is :).

Anyway, Valerie and Stephen, I was wondering if your dictionaries would
also be able to do a frequency count to provide additional information
as to how often specific symbols appear within the dictionary. That can
be helpful for various research functions.  It can help us learn what
handshapes, movements, contacts, etc. seem to be more or less prominent
than others. With at least 3,000 entries and counting for ASL, that
might give us some interesting information from this sample set.  I'm
sure other languages would be interested to see what their frequency
counts are like in comparison to ASL or each other.

Thanks,

Stuart