IMWA: Handshape Construction and Sequencing Rules

Thu Jun 3 16:26:38 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 3, 2004

Bart Braem wrote:
> That's very good, so no more symbol number 260 right?

Hello Bart and Everyone!
That is a funny mis-understanding. No of course there is no symbol 260!
We have not changed this:

01-01-001-01-01-01

I don't even know where you got the number 260? Maybe it was because in
SymbolBank I have a bunch of different printing layouts for printing
lists of symbols that I have searched for, and the layouts include a
number to left that just shows the number of the listing for that
particular search...so the 260 you saw must have been a search-number
for that particular printing...I guess I need to change that layout so
people don't confuse Symbol Numbers with temporary listing numbers!

Grin...

I have attached a diagram showing you what I am talking about...I hope
this is clear now...smile...