The Woehrmann TrueType Fonts

Sat Jun 5 00:11:38 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 4, 2004

The Woehrmann TrueType Fonts for SignWriting...
Designed by Stefan Woehrmann in Fontographer

This attached diagram shows that Stefan has many symbols in TrueType,
but these were not typed quickly, as they might be someday, if Unicode
is developed. I will let Stefan tell us exactly how he put this
sentence together...please forgive if I do not really know how you do
it - ha!...but it is my understanding that Stefan has some signs
completely written on one key, or if they are only one symbol on a key,
then they are typed in a graphics program, like Photoshop, and then the
sentence is pieced together to make it look this beautiful...Even
though this is slow, Stefan has succeeded in creating TrueType fonts
that look beautiful...congratulations, Stefan!