Rotations

Sun Jun 6 18:59:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 6, 2004

Dear SW List, Steven and Bart, Daniel and Everyone -

Rotations for Movement Symbols
These were definitely inconsistent in SignWriter DOS and I believe
SignWriter Java too...I have to go look.... But there was a reason for
the madness ;-)

I developed a way to type very fast in SignWriting. Just as we don't
use a mouse to click on letters in the English alphabet, when typing in
English, I wanted to develop way to type SignWriting solely through the
keyboard strokes, like we do when we type English. To do this, when it
came to the movement symbols, I entered the left movement symbols the
opposite flop because that increases typing speed and efficiency. It
make an enormous difference in the speed of typing SignWriting...please
see attached diagram...

However, in SSS-2004, and I making the movement symbols consistent with
the hand symbols as far as rotations go...that will come next
message...but here is the old way some of the movement symbols rotated: