SignWriting Funding can be shared in the US...

Mon Jun 7 22:10:50 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 7, 2004

Dear SW List Members -
I have had several List members from outside the US, ask to receive
donations from the givecars program. That is my fault that I did not
make this clear enough...in the title of this message I mention the US.
The funding is only for cars donated here in the United States, since
they cannot pick up donated cars in other countries...so this is a
funding situation for the US SignWriting users.

I am happy to tell you that I will be able to give $200 to two worthy
causes in the US, from the car-donation funding...Stuart Thiessen and
Phillipe Galant's Deaf Pass It On Services in Des Moines, Iowa and the
PUDL site, programmed by Stephen Slevinski, in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania. They both have placed links on their sites to the
givecars program:

Deaf Pass It On Services
http://www.passitonservices.org/

PUDL Pittsburg For Deaf Literacy
http://www.pudl.info/donate.php

And it leaves a little for our SignWriting Literacy Project here in La
Jolla. We will pray that more people in the US will want to donate
their cars to help us!

Meanwhile, I hope there are similar funding programs in other countries
- It would be soo great to have an international funded project
someday!

Val ;-)