Need Advice on Video Sign Language communication...

Sun Jun 13 20:43:55 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 13, 2004

Dear SW List:
Great News! Two of our old DAC staff members...David Gunsauls and his
wife Darline Clark Gunsauls, both Deaf, came to visit me for two hours
from Sacramento, California, where they now live...and Dave is planning
to start using SignWriting again.

You can read about them on the web...

Dave's newsletter in SignWriting
http://www.signwriting.org/library/newsletter/news001.html

Darline Clark Gunsauls
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/readasl/learn005.html

Anyway...we talked about my teaching some SignWriting by video-phone to
Darlines' ASL classes, at a college in the Sacramento area, this Fall.
And Kevin Clark, her brother, also Deaf, asked if I could present
SignWriting history through video conferencing for his Deaf culture
class this fall. So I can see that I will be teaching SignWriting
through video now - this is really a great stride forward!

Dave and Darline told me to get a D-Link TV Phone and D-Link
Router...is that a good brand? It connects to my cable connection to
the internet, and it also connects to my TV set, so I can view the
signing in a big format, on the TV screen. So I can teach SignWriting
visually, to Deaf people, on the other side of the state!...How far
does this reach? To Europe too?