SW-Edit Software from Brazil

Wed Jun 16 22:28:43 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 16, 2004

Dear SW List, Antonio Carlos, and Stuart!
This is such a positive message, Stuart. I am sooo glad you like
SW-Edit. Let me explain what has been happening behind the scenes last
night. Antonio Carlos wrote to me with English instructions...and I
promised to create a manual creating screen shots following his
instructions...

I am glad you found a way to change the languages...that was one of the
instructions Antonio Carlos gave me, and you are smarter than I am,
Stuart! I couldn't find it! If you create instructions too, we can
combine our manuals, or we can provide two separate manuals with the
software.

Antonio Carlos agreed to let us place a link from the SignWriting web
site downloads page, to download SW-Edit from his site, and gave
instructions on credits etc for the program. So I will update our
downloads page shortly, with a link to downloading SW-Edit...

The download will be absolutely free. And, if people write personally
to Antonio Carlos, you will be able to receive the source code as well.
Antonio Carlos is traveling for three weeks, and may not be able to
help us until returning, but that gives us time to create the
manuals...

And to explain about new features...If I understand it correctly, the
student-programmer who created SW-Edit, with Antonio Carlos, was named
Rafael, and Rafael has now graduated and moved on to other things. So
the program will probably not be programmed further by Rafael, so for
those who might be interested in changes or new features, maybe with
the source code, others can improve it?

I will write again with a link to my new PDF of the manual, when it is
ready, and maybe Stuart, you can give me feedback!

And be sure to follow the vertical columns messages coming, because
they are important to programmers...

Val ;-)